[asterisk-dev] Fwd: What's an AOR?

Gaston Draque gaston.draque at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 12:39:32 CDT 2013

Maybe add the SIP rfc refereces to the wiki entry?

The Address-of-Record definition found in RFC3161, page 20, in the
"Definitions" section. http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261#page-20

A more detailed explanation on what the difference is between a contact and
an AOR can be found in the "Addresses-of-record in SIP" section of rfc3764
for enumservice registrations. http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3764#page-3 ,
although this one describes behaviors that are not currently present in
Asterisk, such as sending requests to the AOR as stated before.

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:

> Rod Dorman wrote:
>
>> On Monday, June 3, 2013, 07:11:19, Joshua Colp wrote:
>>
>>> I have placed a wiki page up at:
>>> https://wiki.asterisk.org/**wiki/display/~jcolp/AORs,+**
>>> Contacts,+Device+State<https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/~jcolp/AORs,+Contacts,+Device+State>
>>> Which has an overview of AORs, contacts, and the relationship to device
>>> state. If there are areas that need further explanation just say so and
>>> I will try to expand.
>>>

>> If this is to eventually become user documentation under "What are
>> AORs?" it should define what the acronym stands for.
>>

> I've added the full phrase (Address of Records) beside it on the wiki
> page. Are there any others that could use further explanation/expanding? If
> so I can add a separate acronym/explanation section.
>

> --
> Joshua Colp
> Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Developer
> Check us out at:  www.digium.com  & www.asterisk.org
>
> --

{
  "fullName"  : "Gaston Draque"
  "twitter"   : "@gdraque"
  "google+"   : "gplus.to/gdraque"
  "linkedIn"  : "http://www.linkedin.com/in/draque"
  "tags"      : ["uc communications","telecom integrator","voip","software
development"]
}