[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 12 pjproject installation testing needed!

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Sun Jul 14 15:14:56 CDT 2013

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Faidon Liambotis <paravoid at debian.org>wrote:

> On 07/13/13 07:30, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Because pjproject itself embeds a number of third party libraries,
>>> getting
>>> pjproject properly configured for a distribution/environment can be a bit
>>> tricky. We've taken the current findings and issues that people have run
>>> into and put together a page on the Asterisk wiki here:
>>>

>> Sigh...  I know that Asterisk has a long history of embedding
>> third-party libraries, but for me to seriously consider packaging
>> pjproject/pjsip for Fedora everything in the third-party directory has
>> got to go.
>>

> Filed under asterisk/pjproject, 6 months ago, no reply at all (while at
> the same time #1/#2 were closed):
> https://github.com/asterisk/**pjproject/issues/3<https://github.com/asterisk/pjproject/issues/3>

I don't think we're watching the issue tracker on github terribly closely.
The build modifications to pjproject were all tracked in Jira (see
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-20811). Since Jira is
where all issues Asterisk related are filed - and people dealing with the
Asterisk project know to look there - it would probably be better to file
any future issues with the Asterisk compatible pjproject there.

Even so, I'm not sure what actions we can take on this issue. As was
already said, removing libraries out of it isn't really our call to make,
unless we want to take complete ownership and fork the project.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager