[asterisk-dev] MySQL vs MariaDB

jon pounder jonp at inline.net
Thu Jan 24 09:00:38 CST 2013

On 01/24/2013 09:53 AM, Matthew Jordan wrote:

I completely support the ODBC approach (my company was involved with
odbc when it was first ported to non-windows by Peter Harvey). I really
don't understand why more projects don't implement the dbms this way
since really its not any more work and its much more bang for the buck
what you end up with.

That said, if MariaDB is a drop in replacement it should work with the
mysql odbc driver too since that's just a socket connection to the db
from the driver.

So bottom line odbc support should be all you need.