[asterisk-dev] Bounty Posts

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Tue Jan 22 21:12:55 CST 2013

On 01/22/2013 06:28 AM, Benny Amorsen wrote:

[snip]
> I think Asterisk needs a better way of getting people with money in
> contact with people with skills. It is unfortunate to have a problem
> and get the funds allocated to fix it, but then be unable to find
> consultants who have time to take on the job. It gets a bit extra
> frustrating when the general perception is that the proprietary
> competitors have more consultants available.

I am a member of "Freelancer.com" which has a fairly high number of
asterisk consultants that bid against each other on projects that are
posted.  I think this may be exactly what all of you are looking for.
Jobs seem to go for ridiculously low rates (basically bounty rates) and
as such I have yet to win one ;)  Participating consultants are rated by
their past employers so you get a "reference" for work they have done in
the past, and you get a feeling for their expertise by reading the reviews.

I can't say I have used it to get something done, but it seems like the
answer to me...

Cheers,