[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Realtime Updates - LDAP - Enable Option

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:47:01 CST 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:
>> I would like to add an "enable = yes/no" to all the realtime driver
>> configuration files.  res_config_ldap and others try to connect to a
>> database/directory server on a default install.  I would love to hear
>> your thoughts on this.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you're proposing. Why is an enable option
> needed in realtime driver config files, when the presence of a
> configuration option in extconfig implicitly enables the usage of that
> driver? What is a default install? How can Asterisk know what services
> it is connecting to on any random system?

Matt

On this issue.  I did some digging and on a simple "svn co, configure,
make, make install, make samples, asterisk -c" many of the realtime
and other "modules" attempt to connect to localhost servers (ldap,
odbc, pgsql, etc).  The logs show that because the configs are
commented or empty they use the defaults to attempt to connect.  In
some cases multiple times during load by calling reload. This was not
confined to realtime. I noticed that "motif" does this too.

If there is a reason that this should be happening by default then hit
me with the clue bat.

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~