[asterisk-dev] SIP: So you mean you want to be able to *dial* something?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Feb 26 01:08:21 CST 2013

25 feb 2013 kl. 22:39 skrev Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com>:

> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>>> Making the core better aware of this should be a goal in the future
>>> but at this point in time I think with the above we can meet what a
>>> lot of end users want.
>> ´ So how would device-state work here?
>>
>> If one device is free and one busy - how would queue() parse that?
>
> Until such time as the core becomes aware at a lower level the presence module for the new SIP work would provide a simplified aggregate view which is tweakable, much like you do in chan_sip right now.

We don't aggregate devices in chan_sip - that's done in the pbx core. You would then have aggregation twice which is not a good thing, like forking twice. If I want to implement a device state proxy that says "if one phone is busy, all is busy" I would have to implement that twice, once in the core and once in the sip channel driver. That's no good.

I think this is too large a step for the first version of the new channel driver as it will affect the PBX core too.

/O