[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] elguero: branch 11 r381893 - /branches/11/res/res_agi.c

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Feb 22 15:00:00 CST 2013

On 02/22/2013 02:50 PM, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On 13-02-22 02:38 PM, SVN commits to the Digium repositories wrote:
>
> We should at lest modify one of the existing fastagi tests in the
> testsuite to test IPv6, to test.

I'd go with a new test, similar to the other existing application
specific IPv6 tests.

Interestingly enough, this was only a problem because the issue reporter
had a very specific configuration. As Michael noted in the review:

{quote}
The reporter came across this issue when using "localhost" which
resolved to 127.0.0.1 and ::1 but his daemon was only listening on
127.0.0.1.  The IPv6 address was being returned first in the list of
addresses resolved.

When I was trying to recreate this situation, my system always returned
127.0.01 first.  So, this issue can be random, depending on the setup,
configuration and which address is returned first in the list of addresses.
{quote}

Given the scenario, I doubt a nominal IPv6 test would have caught it.

That being said, additional test coverage of FastAGI would be nice to
have. Contributions are always welcome :-)

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager