[asterisk-dev] Feature request : Make voicemail app use say.conf for saying callerid in envelope

OCEANET - Cédric BASSAGET cedric at oceanet.com
Thu Feb 14 11:04:38 CST 2013

Hi,

After discussing it with mjordan on IRC and creating 2 support cases :
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-20661
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-20657

I think it would be very usefull (particulary for french speaking
countries) to make voicemail app use "saynumber" function with say.conf
templates instead of "saydigits".

In french speaking countries, phone numbers are usually spelled like
this :  0XXXXXXXXX => digits/0, num:${SAY:1:1}, num:${SAY:2:2},
num:${SAY:4:2}, num:${SAY:6:2}, num:${SAY:8:2}
Actually the only way to say callerid num to customer is to use
saydigits, which spells each digit individualy.

Please forgive me for english writing errors.

Best regards,
Cedric

--
OCEANET