[asterisk-dev] Stream the audio of the caller and the callee as two separate streams

Magyar Viktor viktormv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 05:42:26 CST 2013

On 02/14/2013 10:15 AM, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> In article <511CA9F2.7020905 at gmail.com>,
> Magyar Viktor <viktormv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Could someone put me on the right track?
>> I'm developing a module that would stream the audio of the caller and
>> the callee as two separate streams to an MRCP recorder. What is the
>> recommended way to do this? I have already examined MixMonitor source
>> code. It seems that using an audiohook could do that, but in the case of
>> MixMonitor the two streams are mixed together. Is there a way to read
>> the audio stream of one direction only?
> Have a look at the Monitor application. It records each stream to a separate
> file and then mixes them after the call, so it would probably be a better
> starting point for what you want to do.
>
> Cheers
> Tony
I checked out "res_monitor.c". It seems to me that it only fills in an
ast_channel_monitor structure, and the rest of the functionality that
acts according to this structure is buried somewhere deeper in Asterisk
source code. This functionality records the streams to files. What I
need is to get access to the audio frames realtime, not through files.

Any ideas?

Thanks for helping,
Viktor