[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] bridging: Interval hooks continued

Jonathan Rose jrose at digium.com
Wed Feb 13 09:36:26 CST 2013

Kaloyan Kovachev <kkovachev at varna.net> wrote:

> in an old issue
> (https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-6175) i
> have tried to add real-time call control, which will allow updating
> the
> call limit from an external check (Curl or database). The issue was
> closed
> waiting for this exact functionality from the bridge.
>
> Using an one time write struct will not allow this and there should
> be
> more than one possible. Probably it will be more convenient to have
> the
> data in a datastore attached to the channel as this will accompany
> the
> channel over all bridges it passes and we may have
> BRIDGE_LIMIT_START_SOUND, BRIDGE_LIMIT_WARNING_SOUND,
> BRIDGE_LIMIT_RTTC
> etc. each with its own data and processing callback, with only common
> fields for duration and frequency

Well, the purpose of this effort right now is simply to get the
existing functionality up and working. Going after this particular
thing right now could cause some scope expansion since I'd have to
start addressing things like how to update a limit attached to multiple
bridge channels.

One thing you might consider thinking about though... using this API,
you could likely create a completely separate set of hooks for
controlling call duration that is more robust. I'm planning to make
the set limits function loadable from the bridge_builtin_features
shared object, and if you wanted to you could provide your own
shared object strictly to replace this implementation of the set
limits function with one of your own.

--
Jonathan R. Rose
Digium, Inc. | Software Engineer