[asterisk-dev] Additional release checksums?

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Dec 31 09:29:11 CST 2013

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM, George Joseph
<george.joseph at fairview5.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Ben Langfeld <ben at langfeld.me> wrote:
>>
>> But how do I know which one of those is which hash, since they're not labelled?
>

> The *sum programs can tell by the length.  md5 is 32, sha1 is 40, sha256 is 64, etc. They ignore with warnings lines that don't match length.

Since this has been up on Review Board for awhile and no one else has
commented on it, I'm going to go ahead and commit it today.

The resulting scheme will be:
 * Separate files for md5, sha1, and sha256
 * Checksum results for both tarballs and patch files in a single file

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager