[asterisk-dev] Additional release checksums?

Ben Langfeld ben at langfeld.co.uk
Sat Dec 21 10:04:12 CST 2013

Congrats to all on the 12 release yesterday. There's some excellent work
that's gone into that release and we're all very grateful and excited about
using it.

Unfortunately, Chef only currently supports SHA-256 checksums of downloaded
files. This means that in order to properly release new builds of Asterisk
to my machines, I need to manually download the release, verify the SHA1,
generate a SHA-256, feed this to Chef and converge.

There's work underway on Chef to support other checksum types, but it might
be helpful regardless for Asterisk to include other checksum types. Would
it be a lot of work to add at least SHA-256, if not MD5 as well, to the
release process?

Cheers,
Ben Langfeld