[asterisk-dev] dahdi firmwares in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware

Oron Peled oron.peled at xorcom.com
Fri Dec 13 05:13:16 CST 2013

On Thursday 12 December 2013 14:15:58 Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Currently dahdi-linux's install target installs firmware files to two
> locations. One is /lib/firmware and the other is
> /usr/lib/hotplug/fimware . /lib/firmware is nowadays the standard
> location for firmware files. Is there any distribution still supported
> by DAHDI that loads firmware files from /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware and
> not from /lib/firmware ?

AFAIR, /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware was used by the legacy /etc/hotplug scripts.
This means it was used by distributions with linux-2.4 kernels or
early linux-2.6 installations where udev only began.

So we talk about an era up-to RHEL-4.x which isn't supported by DAHDI anyway.

+1 to throwing it down the history chute.

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?