[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 11 from Ubuntu Repos

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Wed Dec 11 15:37:21 CST 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Pablo Carranza <pablo at vdevices.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to install Asterisk 11 via the Ubuntu 12.04 repos? Is a PPA
> needed? If so, which one is recommended?

I don't think so.

At this time Digium doesn't currently maintain any current Debian or
Ubuntu packages. Here is current package information
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Packages

Perhaps someone in the community has a repo or packages that I haven't seen yet.

Here is a quick install guide for installing from source on Ubuntu
12.04 http://blogs.digium.com/2012/11/14/how-to-install-asterisk-11-on-ubuntu-12-4-lts/

Also, don't forget to try the install_prereq script mentioned here
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Checking+Asterisk+Requirements

Hope that helps.

--
Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager