[asterisk-dev] Presence State in Asterisk 11

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Sat Dec 7 12:21:29 CST 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Paul Belanger <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
> wrote:

> On 13-12-06 01:21 PM, Mark Michelson wrote:
>
>> Jason Parker <mailto:jason.parker at schmoozecom.com>

>>> allows for
>>> appears to
>>> currently
>>> nothing can

>>> otherwise
>>> 11.
>>> --------------------
>>>
>>> I don't find myself caring enough to object to this. I'd be fine with it
>>> being
>>> in 11.
>>>

>>>  My only thought is to also bump the AMI version, so libraries also know
> of the functionality change.

I'm not sure we ever codified this, but should a change that *should* be
non-breaking require a version bump?

The only way this is potentially harmful is if you:
(1) Have func_presencestate loaded (it is the only thing that raises
AST_EVENT_PRESENCE_STATE)
(2) Use the PRESENCE_STATE function to change a presence in a hint
(3) Have written the worst AMI parser in the world

I'm not saying that we shouldn't bump the version, but this is one of those
things that can only occur if you are using a feature provided by a
loadable module and are a blithering idiot.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager