[asterisk-dev] PJSIP CLI and AMI organization thoughts

Kevin Harwell kharwell at digium.com
Fri Dec 6 23:09:03 CST 2013

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 7:09 PM, George Joseph
<george.joseph at fairview5.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Kevin Harwell <kharwell at digium.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2013-12-06 at 14:21 -0700, George Joseph wrote:
>>   <snip>
>>

>> Not suggesting separate lists for each object type.  What I'm really
> suggesting is a hashtable for each of the output mechanisms.  One for CLI,
> one for AMI, etc.  Each object (endpoint, aor, auth, etc) registers a
> single cli formatter, single ami formatter, etc.  The key for the hastables
> is the sorcery object type.  So, for example, if the CLI command processor
> had an aor object it would do a simple table lookup in the CLI formatter
> registry for "aor" to get the aor formatter.  In fact, it doesn't even have
> to know it's an aor because it can just lookup by details->object->type.

Aaah I think I see now.  Once you have the formatter you pass in the flag
to switch off the various formatter view(s) (summary, detail, other...).  A
few possible things come to mind 1) what if the type is not a sorcery
object type? I guess it is just a string so could create a hashable key for
those cases? 2) the various format views need to be generic enough so we
don't run into cases like "aor_summary_for_endpoint" view inside of the aor
formatter 3) How does one object find another object that's in another
module?  For instance, how would the endpoint formatter look up the
"endpoint identifier by ip" formatter to use as that object's id/key is not
found in endpoint properties?

>> <snip>
>>
>> I wouldn't go down to config_auth_cli level.  config_auth should have all
> auth related code whether CLI or AMI but there's CLI code at the pjsip
> level that's not object specific that should probably come out of
> pjsip_configuration and go in a pjsip_cli.c file.

Yeah then that makes sense to move it out if it is not object specific.