[asterisk-dev] WebRTC over SRTP-DTLS

Lorenzo Miniero lminiero at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 04:16:01 CST 2013

Hi Nitesh,

my chan_sip is rather messy right now, as I changed several things due to
other experiments as well. I tried to prepare a patch that only allegedly
covers the DTLS experiments: just beware that it is for asterisk-11.1.2 and
so you may need to tweak it a bit for your case. Anyway, what I did with
respect to DTLS in chan_sip as you can see wasn't much (as I explained in
that report, most of the SDP manipulation I did in my webapp), so just to
summarize:

   1. I moved the DTLS initialization after the RTCP stuff, for the reasons
   explained in the report;
   2. I made sure that sha-256 fingerprints (sent by Chrome and Firefox)
   were accepted by the parser, and that sha-256 fingerprints were added in
   the reply too (this needs a change in the RTP engine, of course, which by
   default generates sha-1 fingerprints);
   3. a couple of fixes to an incorrect SAVPF behaviour (the wrong crypto
   context was used);
   4. an ugly hack to force DTLS if it is disabled in the configuration,
   but you get a fingerprint in the SDP: I chose to do it this way as enabling
   it in the configuration forces DTLS for all calls, which I didn't want.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need any further help.

Lorenzo