[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 12 is branched

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Aug 23 17:52:08 CDT 2013

Hey all -

Just a friendly note that we've branched Asterisk 12 from trunk! The new
merge path for Asterisk branches is:

1.8 -> 11
11  -> 12
12  -> trunk

Please update your repotools so that your merge life will be easier. Note
that you'll need to re-run ./configure, make, and make install.

There's still a bit more to go before we make the first release - a number
of tests have to be fixed up, and there are still a few reviews left to get
through. However, having the branch made lets us update some of the other
build scripts as well as the documentation scripts for the Asterisk wiki,
and this was a necessary step in getting the first release out.

As I've mentioned before, thanks everyone for your participation in
Asterisk 12 - we're hoping to get the first release made in the now *very*
near future!

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan