[asterisk-dev] Naming of the new SIP Stack

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Aug 8 20:46:33 CDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM, bala murugan <fightwithme at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>    I want to download the source for asterisk 12 , i am planning to
> contribute to the source . can you please assist or point me the location
> from where i can get the source and start working on it .
>
> thanks,
> bala

Hi there!

Asterisk 12 hasn't been branched yet, so it's still being developed in
Asterisk trunk. We expect to be branching Asterisk relatively soon (as soon
as we get the known bugs ironed out!)

The Asterisk wiki has a description of how branches are maintained and made:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Software+Configuration+Management+Policies

If you're interested in contributing back patches - which are always
welcome - you may want to take a look at some of the reference information
available on the wiki:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Other+Reference+Information

In particular, you should have a look at the Asterisk project coding
guidelines:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Coding+Guidelines

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on the list or in
#asterisk-dev!

Thanks

Matt

--