[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 12 Feature Frozen!

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Aug 2 08:59:45 CDT 2013

Hey all -

As you are probably aware, Feature Freeze for Asterisk 12 was Wednesday,
July 31st [1]. We have a good collection of features and patches that were
posted to Review Board on Wednesday (with maybe just a few squeaking in on
Thursday morning), so I think we're good to call Asterisk 12 feature frozen
at this point.

Thank you to everyone who contributed and participated in the development
of what will become Asterisk 12! We are all really excited about the
changes that have gone into Asterisk over the past year and the new
capabilities they will enable. Given that so much of the emphasis was on
architecture and infrastructure changes, I am very excited to see what the
developer community starts to build with the new tools in Asterisk's
toolbox!

As you might imagine, there are still a large number of things to do before
we make the first test release. This includes:
 * Cleanup and bug/test fixing. There's a number of tests in the Asterisk
Test Suite that are still failing, and some bugs that we know exist that
have to get fixed before we can make a release. If you'd like to assist
with any of these efforts, let us know and we can point you in the right
direction (or you can take a look at the Asterisk 12 issues in Jira [2]).
 * Documentation! In particular, the new SIP stack still needs a lot of
attention. We're starting to make some more progress on that effort -
expect some draft wiki pages and code reviews in the next few weeks.

Once the patches on Review Board have been merged in, preliminary
documentation is in source and up on the wiki, and we have the bugs well in
hand, we'll get the Asterisk 12 branch made and the first test release out.

Thanks again everyone!

Matt

[1] http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2013-June/060782.html

[2] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/issues/?filter=12528