[asterisk-dev] Time to rename chan_gulp?

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Apr 29 10:57:58 CDT 2013

On 04/29/2013 10:55 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> 29 apr 2013 kl. 17:39 skrev Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com>:
>
>> On 04/29/2013 08:01 AM, Steve Totaro wrote:
>>>

> Both works for me. But neither will hopefully be complete as there should
> be no 1-to-1 mapping. A new channel driver should be new, fresh
> and start with new bugs instead of inheriting the old ones. ;-)

Agreed! I'd view any tool as a way to assist with an upgrade, rather
than a complete procedure. Ideally, the tool would insert things like:

"; FIXME: This setting does not apply to res_sip"

Or

"; FIXME: Could not migrate this peer due to blah reason"

Things like that.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager