[asterisk-dev] Time to rename chan_gulp?

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Apr 29 10:56:08 CDT 2013

On 04/29/2013 07:20 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> 29 apr 2013 kl. 13:47 skrev "Malcolm C. Davenport" <malcolmd at digium.com>:
>

>> On Apr 29, 2013, at 6:09 AM, "Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

<snip>

> It's hard to use english language games in a product that's used world-wide. One has to be very careful with naming stuff that's going to be used in production.
> We need to have a professional and serious attitude in our product. Naming something "gulp" is not going to help.
>
> And "gulp" hasn't been in use outside development.

I'm all for name suggestions. We've stuck with 'gulp' mostly because we
didn't have any other alternatives (and it is kinda clever).

A list of things we've kicked around or have been suggested here:

* sipng
* sip2
* sipnew
* pjsip
* sippy (or sipy)
* sipast
* astsip
* gulp

I'm fine with whatever we call this. How about a vote being taken on the
channel driver name and we go with whatever the majority of people
decide is best?

(As an aside: patches welcome on assisting with the name change
refactoring effort :-))

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager