[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] jrose: branch 1.8 r374032 - /branches/1.8/res/res_jabber.c

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Sat Sep 29 19:26:42 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

Hey Olle -

Disregarding the obvious down side of having a hard coded address in res_jabber,
we couldn't see any reason to keep it around since the functionality it provided
is already provided better by the MessageSend application.  Setting up a snippet
of dialplan to send a test message to any given client from a test source is
nearly as easy as the CLI command, and doesn't require hard coding any
addresses.  Having a configured 'send test address' pretty much puts you in the
same boat as adding something to the dialplan, as you're still having to
modify some .conf file in order to test an XMPP client.

Can you think of a reason why this would be needed in addition to MessageSend?

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager