[asterisk-dev] AMI 'originate' permission is broken [was: Re: AST-2012-012: Asterisk Manager User Unauthorized Shell Access]

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Mon Sep 3 19:12:18 CDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Matthew  Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> [...]

Not sure why you'd think that.  When you originate with an
application, the channel hangs up when that application exits.  Since
all Goto really does is to set a few channel struct elements, it exits
quickly and the channel hangs up.  For it to do more, it would need to
follow a dialplan.

> There is at least still one way I can think of to cause a permission
> escalation with a limited context.  I would guess that there are more.  As
> discussing specifics on a public mailing list would be a bad idea, if people
> are interested, I can create a restricted JIRA issue to discuss it in further
> depth.

I'm quite interested.  As I said in the other message, this is
critical functionality for a lot of people so just resigning to the
idea that originate needs system permission is not a good solution.

-Tilghman