[asterisk-dev] How much backporting of Doxygen updates should I do?

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Oct 30 15:37:03 CDT 2012

On 10/30/2012 12:38 PM, Andrew Latham wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:
>> On 10/30/2012 10:56 AM, Andrew Latham wrote:
>
> I do follow what you are saying Matt.  I am actually poking at a
> slightly different topic.  The Doxygen configuration, and code blocks
> call on content that is no longer included ie: CODINGGUIDELINES.txt as
> quick example.  I am only looking to do the following.
>
> 1. Fix markup errors.
> 2. Remove reference or link to proper content
> 3. Spelling and language issues
>
> So to paint a picture with an example.  If there is a "\ref CDR
> Backends" that is a page that "\include CDR_BACKENDS.TXT" then that is
> what I need to fix, via a link to the wiki or what ever docs are
> correct.

Thanks for the clarification.

To answer your original question: I think this is certainly appropriate
for trunk.  As it is arguably an improvement, it does not have to be in
1.8+, but I'm open to that as a possibility.  As for release branches
prior to 1.8, I don't think those are candidates for inclusion.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager