[asterisk-dev] add feature to register to sip provider with "authuser at domain"

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Tue Oct 30 10:50:24 CDT 2012

On 10/30/2012 06:42 AM, Denis wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I need to register as a SIP Client at my sip provider with
> 'authuser="xxxxxxx at provider.domain"'. Currently I have no clue how to
> do it with asterisk.
> Format for register statment is:
> register => [peer?][transport://]user[@domain][:secret[:authuser]]@host[:port][/extension][~expiry]
>
> Is it posssible to add option [@domain] to the authuser, so the
> register statement would be:
> register => [peer?][transport://]user[@domain][:secret[:authuser[@domain]]]@host[:port][/extension][~expiry]
>
> Or may be there are other ways to solve my problem?
>
> Best regards,
> Pi Loyder

I don't believe you'll find a way that this can be done at the moment.
Adding to the register line like you have suggested would be possible.
Since the host is required but the authuser domain is optional, there
would be no parsing ambiguity introduced.

Does placing the domain after the user portion of the register line not
work for your current needs?

Mark Michelson