[asterisk-dev] AstriDevCon 2013 - Ideas on how to capture presentations?

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Sat Oct 27 17:37:38 CDT 2012

http://mediasite.com or sonicfoundry made a really nice product that
captures the projector's video input and a camera Video/Audio feed of the
presenter and webcast's the presentation in realtime, and also after the
presentation had finished authored the presenation to make available for
ondemand viewing, or even to download to create a CD/DVD.
The beauty of this is no software was required to be installed on the
lecturers laptop, at the time just a VGA feed.

The company I work for used to sell these here in NZ, I was trained in the
US on this equipment, and did assist with recording a Health Care conference
which ran 4 concurrent presentations, 1 recorder was required per conference
room.

I don't know what Mediasite's lastest offering is, but back then it was easy
to use.

As an example of recent recordings, have a look at
http://unleash.mediasite.com/Mediasite/Catalog/Full/f4c9650f-9e31-41d9-bbd2-
b002c173d8d6/?state=U6udui2S4CV5mnqa3i8d
and click on any of the 'watch' links.

What I'm getting you to focus on is the slide changes are in sync with the
speaker talking.
There was no post production work to make these. The recorder authored
everything.

Alec Davis