[asterisk-dev] GSM Encryption

sab sab sabin_098765 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 14:14:43 CDT 2012

Hello,

I have a question that is troubling me and I don't know where to ask it. I posted this question on the asterisk forums but no answer.
I have this idea to build a security module based on asterisk and raspberry pi to secure GSMcalls(not gprs, not 3g etc.) . I know that there is an encryption( A5 ) involved that was cracked and so on and I want to build a stronger one over it, to secure end to end conversations. Basicly I want to build a new module that you can stack over chan_mobile( for bluetooth connection to the mobile phone ) that offers channel encryption. The fantasy would consist of:

* authentication( certificates maybe, designated keys probably )
* encryption
* voice signaling for plain channel or secure channel link( voice that announces the attribute of the link )

Now I ask you, is this feasible?