[asterisk-dev] Jira changes?

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Oct 18 09:26:24 CDT 2012

On 10/18/2012 08:58 AM, Andrew Latham wrote:
> Jira has changed a little.  I can't find the commit history for a
> ticket and they don't show up under "All".
>
> I promise I will have more coffee but it is missing at first look...

No, your caffeine intake isn't affecting your vision.  JIRA actually
changed a lot.

Awhile back we were notified by Atlassian that our version of JIRA had a
critical security vulnerability.  Despite significant effort, we were
unable to obtain a patch from Atlassian for our version of JIRA [1], and
the changes made in JIRA between our version and the latest patched
version meant that a backport was unworkable.

As such, we had to upgrade the JIRA installation to the latest and
greatest version.  This was a huge leap - we went from 4.2.4 to 5.1.3.
Erin Spiceland and David Lee worked for a long time making sure that the
user experience was as much the same between the two versions as we
could make it.  Strangely, while the Subversion commit tab was ported
over and was working on the test build of the new installation, it
apparently didn't survive the cut over.  We'll try to get that fixed as
soon as possible.

If you notice anything else that appears to be missing, please let me know.

[1] If you're curious about Atlassian's security policy, feel free to
take a look at:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Support/Security+Patch+Policy

Thanks!

--