[asterisk-dev] Question on the SIPPTest class in the testsuite

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Oct 4 10:30:19 CDT 2012

On 10/04/2012 10:21 AM, nitesh bansal wrote:
> Hello Matthew,
>
> I am not sure if you understoood my problem. I would like to explain it
> again and hopefully it will clear up any confusion if there is any;
>
> "This is a kind of race condition. I understand that SIPPTest launches
> the SIPP scenarios as soon as it detects that Asterisk has started. But
> after asterisk is started, it takes some time to load all the
> modules. I believe that SIPPTest should wait for asterisk to fully load
> all the modules before it spawns the SIPP scenarios, because i don't see
> any point in initiating a call with asterisk if asterisk has not
> yet loaded the dialplan. "

That is a little odd.

The Asterisk Test Suite doesn't consider Asterisk 'started' until a
remote console it attaches receives the notification that Asterisk has
fully booted.  That occurs after all modules have been loaded.  That may
not take into account separate threads spawned by the modules, but it
should account for the actual act of loading the modules.

What module in particular is causing the problem?

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager