[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 12 API improvements

David M. Lee dlee at digium.com
Mon Nov 26 23:16:07 CST 2012

Greetings all!

I hope that everyone stateside enjoyed their Thanksgiving holiday. For
everyone else, I hope you somehow managed to enjoy yourselves without
massive amounts of turkey and various side dishes.

Now that I'm back to work, I'd like to kick off an endeavor that I
know several folks on the -dev list are interested in: improving the
API's for Asterisk 12.

I've just created a project page for the effort:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/x/CoZHAQ

I started writing a short summary of what we see happening for this
effort, but that turned into a giant wall of text. Rather than burden
your email with a crazy long email, I added some background and
rationale to the 'Project Overview' section of the project page.

I have some further ideas about the overall design, and specifics of
the API itself. But rather than get too far ahead of ourselves, let's
get some feedback on the requirements and overview of what we want to
do.

Thoughts?
--
David M. Lee