[asterisk-dev] Testers wanted (I mean YOU) for Comfort Noise labs

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Nov 20 07:39:17 CST 2012

Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> For scenarios - I've been focusing on the core bridge. We do have other bridges
> and I would like to see if this works or not. Next step for me is to dig into
> the decision about core/native RTP bridge and determine that if both
> devices in a bridge have CN support, allow native, if not, keep it in core
> bridge (since transcoding may be and propably will be needed from
> SLINEAR).

The logic for determining if a native bridge can be performed or not
lives in ast_channel_bridge in channel.c - there is an if statement with
many conditions that have to be met before doing it. You can extend that
and add another which is "if the CN support on channel A is the same as
channel B then allow native bridge"

> Question: If I run RTP bridge (not the p2p or remote) can we still operate
> on timer? If not, I have to disable RTP bridging totally. If we rely on incoming
> packets (which will not happen) to send out, CN will not work.

Yes, you can still operate on timer. The RTP bridge still has all the
normal bridging logic in it. That's how music on hold and such works.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp