[asterisk-dev] Wideband/variable bandwidth modification of app_jack

Mathis Schmieder mathis.schmieder at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 10:29:21 CST 2012

Hello list,

I have modified app_jack in order to allow it to use other bandwidths than
8kHz. An additional argument (r) was added to the app, allowing the setting
of the sample rate and therefore the bandwidth in Hz. An appropriate
channel format will automatically be set up. The main reason for this was
that I wanted to be able to use the Jack hook in a wideband environment,
which now is possible.

I did test the modifications for both JACK and JACK_HOOK and found them to
be working but additional testing might be appropriate. Attached you will
find the patch to be applied with patch -p1 inside of the asterisk source
dir.

Of course it would be great to eventually see this in an Asterisk release.

Let me know if I can be of any additional help in this matter,

Mathis

jabber mathis at jabber.berlin.ccc.de
facebook https://www.facebook.com/mathis.schmieder

Respect the environment and do not print out this mail.