[asterisk-dev] Asterisk and distributions (Debian, Fedora, etc)

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Wed Nov 14 13:22:23 CST 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Paul Belanger <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
> wrote:

> It would also be good to hear what Fedora's plans are too.

I haven't talked with Jeff Ollie yet (who is the Asterisk packager for
Fedora), but as a Fedora packager (and former Fedora Project Leader), I'm
more than a bit weary about bundling of external libraries in Asterisk.  In
the specific case of pjsip, we might be able to get an exception granted by
the Fedora Packaging Committee, given the fact that pjsip doesn't ship as a
shared library, etc.

--
Jared Smith