[asterisk-dev] Recommendations for using a SIP stack with Asterisk

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Tue Nov 13 08:55:12 CST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Paul Belanger <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
> wrote:

> +1 to everything Faidon has mentioned here.  I believe this should be one
> of the major considerations for the new SIP stack. So much so, that 2
> people from the Debian project are driving discussions toward this.
>
> I'm sure if we are are looking for more reason to do this we could get
> some people with RedHat / Fedora packaging experience to comment too.

One of my hats is that of a Fedora packager.  Bundling code is a show
stopper for package reviews in Fedora.  I'm very much in favor of Faidon's
position in this discussion.

I'm happy to help package dependencies needed by Asterisk for Fedora,
provided that they are a sane library that lends itself to being packaged.

--
Russell Bryant