[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Project Software Configuration Management Policies

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Nov 12 11:44:18 CST 2012

Hey all -

Continuing down the list of 'things we discussed at AstriDevCon and
decided we really should write down', the following wiki page describes
various things that loosely fall into the category of "Software
Configuration Management":

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Software+Configuration+Management+Policies

This includes things like:
* What branching scheme is used for Asterisk
* How and when releases are made
* What types of major branches are made
* What is allowed in each type of branch
And a whole bunch of stuff that is useful to know if you're looking to
develop things for Asterisk.

Tools are not called out by the policies (as tools can and hopefully
will change over time), but rather what is allowed and where, regardless
of the tools used.

Comments and feedback appreciated!

--
Matthew Jordan