[asterisk-dev] Formatting options for CLI output

Michael L. Young myoung at acsacc.com
Fri Nov 9 13:49:00 CST 2012

----- Original Message -----

Sorry if my email came across a bit ignorant, but I am not that ignorant :)  I have a strong background in web development as well and am very much interested in the discussions around helping web applications be built to work with Asterisk.  Hopefully, I can help contribute towards the goals set out at AstriDevCon in this area.

I realize that perhaps my comment to limit the output type to AMI over HTTP was, perhaps, said in haste.  I think this output format discussion is great.  My main concern was in regards to allowing that kind of data output to the console.  Having worked very little with the AMI code (only to add IPv6 support), I was thinking to myself that there has to be a better way... but I could see where AMI over HTTP might be doable from a short term viewpoint.  That was my initial thought when I wrote that prior email, without really looking into what it would take to do it properly.

Michael
(elguero)