[asterisk-dev] Formatting options for CLI output

Johan Wilfer lists at jttech.se
Fri Nov 9 01:29:08 CST 2012

2012-11-09 03:26, Nir Simionovich skrev:
> Ok, that’s a +1 by me as well. But, if we go that route, I think we
> should be able to format the output of that
> action. It would be very useful. Honestly, while on the subject, and I
> do admit that what I’m about to say will
> be totally out there – it would be really nice if the input to AMI can
> be a single JSON array, instead of doing the
> ever annoying  \n\n in manager – no?
>
> I’d love to get cracking on this one as I need it – if someone can throw
> me some pointers as to how the manager
> actually works in that respect.
>
> Nir S

Would it be possible to add someting that let you run AMI commands from
the CLI, and format that in different ways?

That way you can use this if you can run something like "asterisk -rx
ami json sippeers" and a formatter could turn the \n\n into a JSON
array, that you could parse later on?

--
Johan Wilfer

JT Technologies & Telecommunications AB