[asterisk-dev] 11.0.1 build issue

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Nov 8 15:01:05 CST 2012

Phil Daws wrote:
> Hello:

Hola,

> am attempting to build the latest LTS version and receiving the following error:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: /home/build/asterisk/res/pjproject/pjnath/lib/libpjnath-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.a(errno.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> /home/build/asterisk/res/pjproject/pjnath/lib/libpjnath-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I tried passing in -fPIC using:
>
> ./configure CFLAGS=-fPIC --with-imap=/home/build/imap --with-srtp=/home/build/srtp --with-netsnmp --with-ldap --libdir=/usr/lib64

Our usage of the pjproject build system should cover this and many of us
build on 64-bit, so it may be something isolated to your system. Can you
please create an issue on https://issues.asterisk.org/jira with details
about your system (distribution and version), the complete output of
./configure, and the complete output of "make NOISYBUILD=yes"? This will
help us keep track of the issue and help facilitate finding an answer.

Thanks for giving Asterisk 11 a try and sorry you experienced this!

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp