[asterisk-dev] SIP Stack Research

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Nov 8 09:24:58 CST 2012

On 11/08/2012 07:35 AM, joachim wrote:

> I can't speak for the other projects due to a lack of experience with
> them, but we (Zoiper) are very happy with Resiprocate. The product is
> rock stable and the core team is very skilled.

Given that reSIProcate is written in C++, it would be fairly difficult
to adopt for the Asterisk project.  Not impossible, but it would most
likely entail having to write wrappers around the C++ objects ourselves
that expose them in a manner consumable by C applications.  This means
that we would either have to have a C++ wrapper module in Asterisk
(eek), or else we would have to have a C++ library that wraps
reSIProcate and have a resource module consume that intermediary
library.  Note that this would also eliminate some of the benefit of
having reSIProcate as a packaged library.

While certainly worth looking at, it would be a significant amount of
work just getting that SIP stack incorporated in a usable fashion in
Asterisk.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager