[asterisk-dev] New SIP channel driver project page

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Wed Nov 7 18:25:06 CST 2012

MJ> If the transport stack is modular and extensible, I'm sure that
MJ> making an SCTP sub-project as part of the SIP channel driver project
MJ> has potential, and may be something that community members would
MJ> like to contribute to.

I did write "tentatively".

Ie, mention it on the page as something to look for in a sip stack, but
not make sctp support a mandatory requirement to adopt any given stack.

There certainly are use cases which can benefit from dtls/sctp over
either tls/tcp or dtls/udp, such as a busy link between one's * and
one's upstream's sip-ss7 gateway.  (Emphasis on busy, I suspect. :)

But if it is too much, then it is too much.

It just shouldn't be elided from the wants page.

(And I thought my (hurried) one liner reasonably summarized that....)

-JimC