[asterisk-dev] New SIP channel driver project page

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Nov 7 12:12:07 CST 2012

Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Mark Michelson <mmichelson at digium.com
> <mailto:mmichelson at digium.com>> wrote:
>

>     During this period, my goal was mainly to get the project page I
>     linked to started. Joshua Colp has been working on researching and
>     evaluating SIP stacks to potentially use on the project.
>

> Please, please, please, DO NOT ship a third party SIP stack in the
> Asterisk tarball.  Find a SIP stack with an active upstream that will
> work with Digium to integrate any changes required to integrate it with
> Asterisk and produce new upstream releases.

While my SIP stack research page is incomplete and not yet ready for
discussion I will say though that there is no perfect SIP stack that
will make everyone happy in all areas and this will be one of those
areas that will warrant collective discussion, both from a packaging and
from a "how we work with them" view.

Side note - Asterisk 11 and up *does* have pjproject in its tarball for
pjnath/pjlib.

--
Joshua Colp