[asterisk-dev] New SIP channel driver project page

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Tue Nov 6 17:12:41 CST 2012

Hi everyone.

One of the resolutions of Astridevcon was that we should write a new SIP
channel driver to be included in Asterisk 12. I have created a project
page here: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/New+SIP+channel+driver

The page is pretty devoid of content at the moment, but it is very much
a "living document". As the SIP project progresses, the page will be
updated accordingly. If you are interested in following the progress of
the new SIP channel driver, then I recommend watching this page and its
subpages.

I will be making an effort to send out regular e-mails to the developer
mailing list on the progress of the project as well as plans for the
upcoming weeks. I will also highlight ways that you can get involved in
the project.

During this period, my goal was mainly to get the project page I linked
to started. Joshua Colp has been working on researching and evaluating
SIP stacks to potentially use on the project.

I will be posting a review on the review board shortly to evaluate the
project page as it currently is. If you want to provide feedback on the
page's structure or things that should be added, feel free to comment on
the review once it gets posted.

I will be sending an e-mail out either Friday or Monday with the next
set of items we'll be working on.

Mark Michelson