[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Complete DTMF digit when bridge is broken.

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Fri Nov 2 17:17:29 CDT 2012

>> Since you are changing the channel structure you'll want to bump up
>> the .cleancount just in case - otherwise good!
>
> Previously we have not allowed changing the internal API mid-release
> unless there is no other way - even UGLY hacks allowed. Is it
> possible to come up with a dirty hack to do this without changing
> the channel structure in a released version?

I think what you are referring to is a breaking change to the layout
of the ast_channel structure to precompiled modules.  Adding to the
end of ast_channel does not break ABI compatibility since existing
built binaries will not be affected by their placement.  Also they
do not allocate nor should they need the size of the structure.

No existing API was changed either since this is only adding functions
and not changing any existing function signature.

Using datastores is a possible alternative.  However, since they are
allocated, an allocation failure could not be handled gracefully in
this case.

Do you have another way to approach this problem?

Richard