[asterisk-dev] RFC: chan_sip SDP parsing changes in behavior

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed May 30 09:51:33 CDT 2012

On 05/30/2012 08:35 AM, Matthew Jordan wrote:

>> Cool, so that is a start to make sure we don't break anything.  Have
>> we
>> at least done a smoke test with the major SIP phones?  EG: polycom,
>> cisco, etc?
>>

> That testing would be done either by the developer as part of their
> implementation activities, or by a more well defined systems level test.
> A formal systems level test would not be done at this "stage in the game",
> so to speak.

None of the behavior changes caused by this patch will occur as a result
of using a standard SIP phone, either audio or audio/video. As Matt
said, the existing SDP tests in the testsuite will be used to ensure
that no regressions of expected behavior have occurred. I can expand
them as well to exercise these specific scenarios, but that's far less
important than ensuring that 'normal' scenarios continue to work properly.

--
Kevin P. Fleming