[asterisk-dev] RFC: chan_sip SDP parsing changes in behavior

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed May 30 08:26:03 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

<snip>

> Also, have we added any new tests for this patch?  Testing
> functionality
> before and after the change?  All I can see if 'Compile testing
> only',
> which I'm not a fan off when we are talking about 'changes in
> behavior'.
>   I would be more comfortable with 1.8 and 10 if we did have the
>   tests.

The TestSuite contains the SDP_offer_answer test, which covers a variety
of media negotiation scenarios.  While it certainly doesn't cover everything
(such as some of the scenarios Kevin's patch addresses), it would provide
a base level of assurance that common media negotiation scenarios aren't
broken by a patch.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer