[asterisk-dev] adding codec+format

Beñat Urteaga burteaga at traintic.com
Fri Mar 23 07:23:30 CDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using asterisk 1.8.8.4 and I'd like to add an audio codec and format in order to be able to send audio to my end SIP devices at a 8 bit 24 kHz. The devices of course support it. How could I get this? I guess I should add codec_whatever.c and format_whatever.c files to the source code directories, but: must I add anything else? For example, may be a SDP negotiation may need to be made, so I should add something else apart from the  codec and format files?

I think format_pcm.c and codec_ulaw.c could be a good starting point (example), but do you recommend something different?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thank you!

Ben.