[asterisk-dev] build a module to add features

Gustavo Villegas gustavovillega at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:07:35 CDT 2012

Hi all

i write this list because i'm a new asterisk developer
and i have a project to add some features to asterisk

for outbound calls
we have to add a verification before DIAL to OUTSIDE
and add a verification before CDR to DB

for build modules there are not too much info.i already read

http://www.russellbryant.net/blog/2008/06/19/how-to-write-an-asterisk-module-part-1/
http://www.russellbryant.net/blog/2008/06/20/how-to-write-an-asterisk-module-part-2/
http://www.russellbryant.net/blog/2008/06/30/how-to-write-an-asterisk-module-part-3/

very explicatory posts.

but i have some questios hope you can help me to answer.

How can i add some featuers before DIAL ?
due the R Bryllyant posts i need to manage handlers and add my own handler.

suppouse i build a gus_call_handler();

I was wondering how asterisk know when to apply my custom handler?
we want to add some features before DIAL, so how the mdule must be build?
to apply the verification before the DIAL
which handlers  must need to use.

We want to add a module with these 2 features,  before DIAL
and before CDR or after CDR, no matthers

I know i can modify the
current code to add this features over the actual c sources,
but want to add this features like  module.

I take as example the add_on CDR.

if is not installed, the asterisk simply don't' record cdr
if is installed , automatically start recording CDR's into a DB

this is what i want, install the module and add features to asterisk, not to
recompile all again.

thanks in advance for help.

Gustavo Villegas