[asterisk-dev] Transferring an SLA call

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Mar 17 09:41:37 CDT 2012

On 03/17/2012 05:14 AM, Andaleeb Roomy wrote:
> I understand. Thanks for the reply.
> But anyway, is there an established way/guideline/example of making
> this kind of inter-module function calls in the architecture, possibly
> via core? Suppose I want to use some information stored in the
> app_meetme module from the chan_sip module. This is just an example,
> but I am just curious if any of the existing modules have this kind of
> communication.

No, there's no 'standard' mechanism for this sort of thing, primarily
because we'd never include support for something SIP-specific in a
protocol-agnostic module like app_meetme.

There are ways of communicating between 'domains' in Asterisk, including
the event subsystem, control frames and others.

--
Kevin P. Fleming