[asterisk-dev] scf

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:11:16 CST 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Hans Witvliet <asterisk at a-domani.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-03-06 at 20:14 -0300, Andrew Latham wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Hans Witvliet <asterisk at a-domani.nl> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Could somebody tell what happened with scf-initiative?
>> >
>> > I remember huge announcements at astricon and fosdem, but what happened
>> > since? Did the plans die a quite death?
>> >
>> > Even when i look at the proposed roadmap,
>> > ( https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/TOP/Roadmap )
>> > It's last update was at: august 2010.....
>> >
>> > Is SCF bypassed by main-stream?
>> >

>> > Hans
>>
>> Asterisk SCF is still in development. Some components are functional
>> now.  Digium and the community developers are busy with work,
>> conferences, new phones, and the testing suite.  Meetings[1] have been
>> slow for the last few months.
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/TOP/Steering+Committee
>
> Tnx for the reply, (noticed you're on the board)...
> Quoriously, the notes of the last meeting (21-oct-2011) are saying:
> "Full release currently scheduled for January 2012"
>
> That makes me wonder, as such bold statement implies that only the last
> ithches has to be ironed out, quite something else than "Some components
> are functional".
>
> O well, as long as it remain actively work-in-progress it's good,
>
> Hans

I help out when and where I can.  As for the delay I can only comment
that new growth and new projects are keeping all developers and
engineers busy.  There are build instructions and usage notes on the
wiki, please feel free to git clone and install.  If you find issues
or bugs there is the issue tracker and the wiki comments.

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~